Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring Fever, 21 Day Fix/P90X3 Updates, and My Confession

Today we finally had some warmer weather. The warm weather makes me want to jump for joy! I can sense that I will be able to run outside sometime in the near future. Running is something that I’ve been missing. I have a double stroller ready to go and I cannot wait to get back on the trail.


Aside from running, I’ve been making some progress in my new programs. One week complete for the 21 Day Fix AND P90X3. I am happy to be seeing the number move on the scale, even if it’s only a little bit. I was up recently, due to the fact that I had been justifying WAY TOO MANY cheat meals which turned into cheat days...you get the picture. Too much junk food was allowed due to all of these circumstances I swore were out of my control. I was not home a lot recently, and so I justified eating junk. What should I have done instead? I should have packed healthy foods for me and my family and not made any excuses. This is my confession. I will move forward and continue to do what I should have been doing all along.

21 Day Fix Update:

The 21 Day Fix is a really great program. The workouts are intense, but there is a modifier in case you need one in the beginning (I used the modifier for some of the moves and I still felt the burn!). I am LOVING the portion-control container system. It’s definitely something that I know I can continue to use, even after my 21 days are up. Also, it’s something that can be done while eating out, which is also a really big bonus in my opinion.

P90X3 Update:

Tony Horton is NO JOKE. He brings it in intensity for X3, however it is completely reasonable and does have a modifier if any beginner wants to take a crack at it. I am getting used to the workouts, some of which are really difficult for me. One workout, called The Challenge, is 30 minutes of pushups and pullups. That’s it! Various types of these bad boys...it’s difficult but I definitely need to practice both of these since they are my weakness. I recommend choosing a low number to start! 

Additionally, one thing I really love is Tony’s sense of humor. He makes working out seem less like a mundane task and it’s something that I find enjoyable. Plus, I never know what’s going to come out of his mouth next. 

Week One Totals:

Even though I was HORRIBLE with following the nutrition plan for the 21 Day Fix this week (I cheated at least once per day, which I hate to admit but I need to confess so that I never do it again), I still lost 2 pounds. I cannot wait to finish my last 2 weeks and see how many inches and pounds drop off now that I am going to be perfect with my nutrition. (Thankfully, the plan allows me to have chocolate and wine so those cheats are allowed!)

No comments:

 

Search Away

Follow the Leader