Monday, February 24, 2014

Determination vs. Desperation

Today, as I was listening to Beachbody’s National Wake-Up Call, there was something that stuck in my mind as a key takeaway. I wanted to share it with all of you!

Determination VS. Desperation VS. Apathy

Which of these three words defines you and your business? Defines your life? 

Are you an apathetic person? Do you not care if your business succeeds? Is your life is going the right way? Are you doing anything to make it go the way you want? OR are you the type of person that’s going to sit back and let things happen to you? Are you reacting to the circumstances around you OR are you ENACTING to make things happen for you?! 

Maybe you are not apathetic, but...

Are you desperate? Do you feel that at work or in your own personal life, things are out of your control? Are you feeling like you would do ANYTHING to make happen what you want to happen? When you feel desperate, other people can sense that and you start to lose control. You also do and say things that you wouldn’t ordinarily do. Usually, desperation can been seen by others and it’s not a good sight to see. It turns others off from you.

These first two words are words that we want to avoid. Period. Being apathetic and being desperate are negative and we want to live a positive life!

Determination. 

If you are a determined person, things will happen for you because YOU BELIEVE IN YOURSELF. You believe that what you want has already happened. You have a non-negotiable attitude. If you say you are going to do something, you do it. You come across more confident and knowledgeable when you are determined to succeed. <---This is the type of person you should want to be in both your personal and your professional life. Determination will equal success. 

Applying this to my life

I have always seen myself as a positive thinker. I’m a glass is half full kind of person. This is reflected in everything I do- I’m definitely an optimist! Being an optimist has helped me to live a determined life. I am committed and determined to succeed in my business and to help others. When I was in my chosen career as a teacher, I was determined to be the best that I could be. I know that I hit that milestone when I was awarded Teacher of the Year in 2008. Success leaves clues. I am determined to apply my hard work and DETERMINATION to my current business so that I make Top Coach. To me, it’s the equivalent of Teacher of the Year. I want it bad enough, and I’m going to go for it. Not only do I believe that I can do this, but I believe that earning this title will prove that my goal of helping others was met. 

How Can I Help?

If you are determined to be successful and if you are determined to achieve your goals and dreams, I’d like to help you on your journey! Contact me so that I can help you, no matter what your goals are (financial freedom? weight-loss success? the ability to stay home and raise your children? the ability to lead a healthy lifestyle?) and let’s do this together! 


No comments:

 

Search Away

Follow the Leader