Tuesday, February 16, 2016

We're going WILD!

The Wild Diet aka Paleo diet. Have you heard of it?

My hubby and I recently watched the show "My Diet is Better Than Yours" and it opened up our eyes to different eating lifestyles. We normally eat clean (following the 80/20 rule) but we KNEW we could be doing better with our food choices. It is still all too easy to grab quick meals and snacks AND a lot of marketing these days is tricky! Watch out for foods labeled "all natural" because after doing my own research, I found that these words are basically full of BS.

So, anyway, after watching the show, we decided that this plan was very healthy and also amazing for losing weight (win-win in our eyes). Yesterday was day one for us on this new plan.

My thoughts? WOW! I had zero cravings yesterday (crazy because I normally crave sugar and chocolate). I felt satisfied the entire day and not hungry. Both yesterday and today I didn't eat breakfast (aka break my fast) until 1pm--AFTER my workout. I can tell already that I'm functioning better, I feel more alert, and I have high energy.

My plan is to blog about our journey on the Wild Diet while continuing to share about our workouts as well and we'll see how things go! Honest reviews only, I promise!

*Hammer & Chisel UPDATE--we just started WEEK 6 and are going strong! No missed workouts. Upped our weights. We feel GREAT. Our favorite part is that every day is different--so we aren't getting bored at all! Less than 3 weeks to go!

*WILD DIET--A look at "Day 1" food--(NOTE: we are sticking to organic & grass-fed whenever possible/available)

Breakfast: Eggs cooked in butter w/bacon & avocado!




Lunch was our beloved Shakeology! ;)

Dinner: His & Her salads--romaine, chicken, egg, cucumber, tomato, feta cheese & ranch dressing


No comments:

 

Search Away

Follow the Leader