Monday, February 17, 2014

Thank You. In loving memory of my mother-in-law.



I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to all of my challengers. Thank you to all of my friends. Thank you to all of you reading this! Thank you for being so understanding this week. Thank you for allowing me time to grieve, and for understanding that I am still grieving and that it will take time! Thank you for checking up on me!! I need your support, too! 

This past week has been tough for me and for my family. We lost my mother-in-law in her battle to cancer, even though she put up one heck of a fight! It was amazing for me to see the outpouring of love and support from people that know- and even from some who don’t know- my mother-in-law. We appreciate the kind words, the food (and for trying to make us “clean eating” food!), the thoughts & prayers (some of you have been our prayer warriors, praying for us since this all began back at the end of December!). The kind words that some of you spoke to me/us, and the kind words that were spoken at her funeral, have shown our family that LOVE is the most important thing in the world. It’s what my mother-in-law sought to cultivate in her relationships. She showed love and was given it in return by many. And those of us who were lucky enough to know her and hold her close will cherish that love that she gave us with all of our hearts. I know I will, because I felt her love every day.

For those of you who don’t know, my mother-in-law was one of my biggest supporters in this business. She was one of the first people to sign up for my first challenge group and she bragged to others about how great she felt when she completed my 7-day Shakeology challenge. She also proceeded to purchase a workout program from me- Slim in 6- and was planning on starting the program when her health began to decline. Even though she was unable to start the workouts as she had planned, she still encouraged me and encouraged others to put their faith in me to help them achieve their goals. I am not going to let her down. I WILL help others and show my LOVE for my challengers, just as I know that she would be proud of me for doing so. Many of my other family members tease me for my healthy lifestyle choices, and while they support me, they don’t necessarily “get it” or feel that they really want to make a commitment to changing their unhealthy habits. Karen was willing to give me the benefit of the doubt and try it out and I will always be grateful for that. She never made fun of me and she always had faith in me and that I could be successful in this journey. 

If she could hear me now, I would say to her, “Momma, I plan to do you proud. I will help everyone that I can, in any way that I can, so that they can lead healthy lives and fulfill their dreams & meet their goals. I love you!” ~Always & Forever in my heart. XOXO


2 comments:

Jill Frack said...

What a beautiful way to honor her! I am sorry for your loss and it is never easy to lose someone we love. Go follow your dreams because you know she would be supporting you each step of the way! Hugs and love to you!

Unknown said...

Be encouraged! My condolences to your family. Continue to make her proud and know she is always with you in spirit.

 

Search Away

Follow the Leader