Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Losing Weight on Vacation

Ok...so you might be wondering how I went on vacation to Las Vegas and LOST 4 POUNDS!!!! Well, here is my secret: I didn’t overindulge and I actually saved myself a ton of money by packing my own food! I packed the following to eat 3 every day for the 4 days I was in Vegas...I planned to not buy anything except dinner, and I stuck to my plan except for buying the occasional green tea. Here it is: For Breakfast I brought a Shakeology packet and a small blender for my room that blends right in the cup you drink from and it has a travel lid (it was $15 on Amazon). I used water I got from the convention center plus the ice from the hotel’s ice machine. I brought along Quest bars and P90X bars to have once a day (I switched it up). Then for lunch I brought a plastic fork and a tuna packet. I also brought some corn tortillas and I ate the tuna on the corn tortillas and also just ate it out of the packet with the fork. I didn’t mix it with anything. I did have wasabi dried-edamame 100 calorie-packs as a snack with it. I also brought with me a clementine and an apple per day. And as a treat, I brought one packet of Justin’s chocolate almond butter to put on top of my apple. That’s it :) The last day, I treated myself to a banana from Starbucks and added it to my shake :) I saved money and I also was able to not gain weight by eating healthy the whole time I was gone. It wasn’t hard at all to stick with this, and I felt great instead of crappy, which usually happens when I eat junk food. Good thing I didn’t eat any junk! My dinner choices were all sensible and I only splurged one night by getting dessert- creme brulee. I also avoided alcohol and only had 3 drinks the entire trip.

No comments:

 

Search Away

Follow the Leader