Sunday, April 6, 2014

MS Walk



Every year since I can remember- I think I was in college when I started doing this- I have participated in the Walk for MS. Every year the walk gets bigger and better and I am proud to say I’ve been a part of it. I have been a participant for over 10 years. The exception being that last year, Sophia was born on the day before the walk, and so I couldn’t go (understandable, right? I mean, I had a good excuse...).

The first year that it was at Fairview Park, I got lost (went the wrong way on 33) and drove around like an idiot. I eventually found it. There was a great turnout, however, and I was excited to do it again the following year. Then, they moved the walk to Coca-Cola Park (Ironpigs Stadium). That course was also pretty decent, minus the big hill! Try pushing a stroller up that thing and you’ll get tired quickly.

This year, they’ve moved the walk to yet another location. There is no doubt in my mind that this location will be wonderful. Also, they’ll go over-the-top to provide walkers with giveaways, food, water and a cheering section. These types of walks are a lot of fun. If you haven’t participated, you’re missing out. First of all, you’ll get a wonderful sense of accomplishment, because you’ve helped out a good cause. Second of all, you’ll have a good time and enjoy yourself as you walk with friends and make new ones along the way. Third of all, you’ll get a good workout in while walking the 2-3 mile course.

If you would like to join my team or donate to a good cause, please visit my Walk MS page!

Walk 4 MS

XOXO,
Stephanie


No comments:

 

Search Away

Follow the Leader