Wednesday, October 1, 2014

My First Year as a Coach

In high school, I was a cheerleader and also played soccer. I thought of myself as an athlete and I tried to work out on a regular basis so that I stayed conditioned to play. Then, when I went to college, I became somewhat lazy. I played lacrosse for my first semester and then quit in favor of getting a job on campus. Instead of staying active (I occasionally used the fitness center, but let’s face it, not often enough), I partied instead and ate junk food late at night. I gained more than my share of the dreaded freshman fifteen. After college, I managed to lose some of the weight again. Then I gained it back. Then, I used Weight Watchers to take it off yet again. It became a vicious cycle for me. My futile attempts at going to the gym weren’t working because I wasn’t consistent enough and I wasn’t focused on my nutrition and so it ended up being a waste of money. I wasn’t happy with what I was doing, but I couldn’t see a better way. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Then, I found my salvation- I was introduced to the world of Beachbody and having a coach by accident! I stumbled upon my coach while looking up fitness people to follow on Facebook. I fell in love with her enthusiasm and willingness to help. I decided to join one of her groups to get the support I needed to start and finally finish a program (I had tried in the past and failed). This time, my WHY was strong- I wanted to lose the baby weight from both of my kids and get back to the weight I was when I got married. Well, it worked! I lost more than I thought I would have and gained so much more- a group of people that I now call my Beachbody family. We all support and motivate each other...it’s priceless in my book! I lost 35+ pounds and gained a family and knowledge to last a lifetime. I wouldn’t trade it for the world! _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Today marks my one year anniversary of posting that I was joining the Bombshell Dynasty and becoming a coach. Over this past year, I’ve learned so much and helped a lot of people. When I get messages from people telling me how I’ve helped them lose weight or achieve a goal they set for themselves or even just helped them stay motivated to finish a program or get into a shirt they’ve wanted to purchase in a smaller size, it makes me grin from ear to ear! I love what I do and I just wanted to share. _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Looking back at all that I’ve been able to do this year, I’m pretty pleased. Year two is going to be even better!!!
Thanks for reading :)

No comments:

 

Search Away

Follow the Leader