Tuesday, October 7, 2014

My Grocery Staples and Upcoming Reset

My husband, Brian, and I are planning to start Beachbody’s Ultimate Reset on Friday. If you haven’t heard of this program, you are missing out on something serious for your nutrition! The Reset is a way to detox your body without starvation (I can think of a few other detox/cleanses that require you to eat literally nothing for days...this isn’t the same thing!). It is a three-week long program and it’s intense because it requires that you eat at certain times, drink distilled water at certain times and also take supplements at certain times to reset your body back to it’s natural, “factory” settings (<-- haha). While some people might find this to be crazy (I mean, what’s the point, right?), I find it to be exciting. I am excited for the benefits of this program- I am basically promised better sleep, better eating habits moving forward, possible weight-loss during the reset, and increased health among other benefits. My current eating habits aren’t too far off from the foods that I will be eating during the reset, other than the fact that I normally will allow myself a treat (none for the three weeks of the reset!) and I eat meat (on the reset, I won’t be after the first week). This will be something new for me, but I am looking forward to how I am going to feel once I am eating vegan. I have a suspicion that I will feel a lot better. Here’s a look at my current grocery list staples that I always seem to get:
A lot of these items will be allowed to stay on my list during the reset, so I’m excited about this! I also know that I will be adding new items to my list like seaweed, so that will be something different- but I am open to change and experiencing new things! Here’s to hoping that my reset shopping experience goes well tomorrow and prep equally well on Thursday. I will keep you updated and blog about my reset experience during my 21 days.

No comments:

 

Search Away

Follow the Leader