Thursday, October 16, 2014

My Ultimate Reset: Week 1

Week one of the Ultimate Reset has been great! I have been on this journey with my husband and today is day 7. I must confess, my husband is doing the full-on reset and I am doing a modified version. Since I am still breastfeeding, I cannot take the supplements. Detoxing will release toxins into my breastmilk (yuck) and so I can’t nurse Sophia AND take the pills. I will do the reset WITH supplements once she is done nursing. For now, I am sticking to the exact schedule as far as food and water intake and following all other instructions. I believe it is still working to rid my body of the junk that has been building up and I am leaving behind bad habits, which is my ultimate goal. ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ***Let’s talk SCHEDULE: The Ultimate Reset is demanding! Plain and simple- you need time each night (or a whole day on Sunday) to prep your meals for the week. The recipes are easy, but they are complicated because they require multiple steps and a lot of chopping veggies and fruits and measuring things. You have to be precise on the reset and you can’t “eyeball” your measurements. This is a change for me since I’m so used to just dumping stuff in and then tasting as I go when I cook. In addition to the food prep, you need to be able to set yourself up for success. My husband and I set our phone alarms to go off when we need to drink water (and he needs to take the supplements). These are precise times because certain supplements need to be taken a half hour before a meal, two hours after a meal, etc. You also need to make sure you are getting in enough water each day- about a gallon for me a day! And, the water needs to be DISTILLED water! I found gallons of distilled water at Target for 88 cents a piece, so that’s not bad since I need 21 of them and my hubby needs more PLUS we need some for cooking! ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ***Let’s talk FOOD: You will eat strange foods. Period. You may or may not have heard of all of the foods on the grocery list they provide- but be open-minded and give them a shot! I am now a fan of so many new foods and I now have an arsenal of recipes that I plan to make regularly even after our reset is over. My husband, who grew up a meat-and-potatoes guy, is also surprised at how many of the recipes he likes. I am now a huge fan of tempeh and plan to incorporate it into my dishes beyond the reset. I will also be adding in a “meatless Monday” to my life after the reset because that will give me a chance to eat my favorite dishes from this program regularly. Here’s a pic of some of the food I’ve been eating this week:
I also want to share my favorite dressing recipe and my favorite recipe from week 1. Check them out!
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ***Let’s talk MOTIVATION: Believe you can and you will! You CAN do this and you can be successful. If my husband can stick to this, without cheating (even on his BIRTHDAY!), then so can you! No excuses. This is going to be so great for our health, we already feel so AMAZING, I am going to be raving about this for a while. That is motivation enough! Trust me ;) However, if that’s not enough, Beachbody provides an Ultimate Reset private Facebook group for all participants to help each other with questions and encouragement. You also can sign up for daily emails explaining information about the phase you are in and get support through the online portal they’ve created. It’s literally AMAZING support! PLUS, there are plenty of YouTube videos to help with questions, reset cooking tips, etc. These are GOLD! ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Let’s talk CONFESSION: Bless and release. It’s a good motto to have...and during the reset you need to let go of any anxiety and negative feelings you are holding onto towards yourself and others. Also, if you slip up (it happens- I slipped and had a bite of a cookie and a sliver of birthday cake), you can’t freak out and beat yourself up about it. I felt bad, but I realized that what’s done is done and I need to move forward. I am pledging to no more slip-ups from here on out and I KNOW I will succeed because of the support I’m getting and the determination I have. Also, I have to say, I have lost my taste for those treats anyway. When I ate the sliver of cake, the aftertaste was HORRIBLE. It tasted like CHEMICALS! I could immediately tell it was highly processed and full of preservatives and toxins and I DO NOT want that going into my body ever again. In fact, after the reset I will probably be making my own desserts from here on out and only using clean ingredients (the blog Chocolate-Covered Katie has some great recipes for this if you want to check it out!) __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Let’s talk about YOU! If you think this is something you want to try because you want to experience these benefits, feel free to find me on Facebook and shoot me a message, or email me, or just order now HERE! I would love to help you through this amazing experience!

No comments:

 

Search Away

Follow the Leader